October 28, 2008

What Life is Like for us These Days

We've been married for just over 4 years! My how time flies. Life is pretty good to us. It's hard to capture EVERYTHING that goes on in our lives.. I mean, who would really have time to read all that? But here are a handful of photos to help give you an idea of what we're up to on a pretty regular basis.

These photos are not in chronological order because I can only upload 5 photos at a time and it takes too long for me to figure that all out.. so this is a random smattering of snippets of our life!

Every year Kirk's aunt, we call her 'Aunt' gives all her great nieces and nephews a reward for good grades in school. In 2007 it was a trip to Lagoon. I was lucky enough to join them! That's me (Heather) in the yellow and in front of me are nieces and nephew Ali, Brittney and Scott. CUTE kids.
This is Kirk with our new little nephew Ryan. We ADORE him. We usually get to see him at Sunday dinner at Kirk's mom's house and we stock up on all our hugs and kisses.

We put Christmas lights on our roof last weekend! We have 12 ft ceilings so our house is really TALL. We felt like we were taking our lives in our own hands.. but hey, it's for Christmas! I got down from the roof to snap a few pictures :) But I helped!!


We go to my brother's house a lot and this is their newest little son, Noah. He's also VERY cute, as you can see. He's a smiley boy.. when he doesn't have his binkey in his mouth!

Me kicking the socks off of some poor Wii man at my parents' house in Washington this summer. We discovered that we are big fans of the Wii!

We went to the University of Washington/BYU football game in Seattle in September. We flew in to Seattle and my parents picked us up and we had a blast! We hung out in Seattle all day on Friday and then went to the game on Saturday. BYU won by the way.. a very exciting game.


We ate lunch at Red Robin on the deck overlooking the beautiful Puget Sound. GORGEOUS! I'm not a fan of humidity however :)


Kirk's family went to Bear Lake this summer for a family reunion. It was a BLAST! we stayed in a cabin all together and hung out on our boats for 4 days. This is a pic of just a few of us.. Jason (b-i-l), Jake (nephew) and his wife Shalynn, Kirk and Kourtney (niece)l


My older sister and I hopped in the car with her son, Chase, and went to my little brother Clark's graduation in June. It was a very special occasion. Clark has Downs Syndrome and we were SO proud of him for graduating. He's such a wonderful Kid.

Kirk giving our niece Emily a big bear hug.


Kirk's family always goes to the hot air balloon festival for the July 4th celebration. We get up SUPER early and watch all the balloons launch and enjoy a little breakfast together. It's a fun tradition.


Kirk at the wheel of our boat. Love that wind-blown look!


Kirk wake boarding. I love to ski and wake board too.. I just usually take the photos!


Kirk is working to finish our downstairs!! I'm so excited. We'll finally have our master bedroom! Kirk is so handy and knows how to do so much around the house.


This is pretty much what it looks like at my mother-in-law's house at Sunday dinner. We're not in this picture.. but the family usually gathers in the living room and we all just hang.


We LOVE the game Mexican Train. We have some good friends, Marie and Adam, who we play with all the time! we just laugh and it's gets pretty competitive. As long as I beat Kirk then all is well :) He would say the same I guess.

Kirk's father passed away about 11 years ago. We remember and honor him every year on his birthday by going to the cemetery and launching balloons with a message to him. We take turns reading our message, youngest to oldest, before we let them fly. We look forward to this every year.

We LOVE the comedian Brian Regan. We have gone to his concert two summers in a row now! We invited my brother Jeremy and his wife Birgitta this year. We laughed our little faces off.

Well, this is another long post.. but I wanted to share a little look at what it's like in our world. We work and we play and we love being with our families! We have fun together and life is pretty laid-back. We're happy with what we have!

0 comments: